So you work with vendors for managing your IT resources. But you never thought of how you can save money in your IT resources related transactions, did you? There are many ways to make your vendor relation more cost-effective when it comes to your IT needs.
Below jotted are some points to make you a smarter IT resource investor.
- Consider renting your equipment from a vendor rather than buying, it avoids huge investment and also benefits your overall tax. (RAC IT Solutions Pvt Ltd, as well as its new group company RAC Infra Rental LLP, is a best vendor for renting IT solutions in India.)
- Find a reliable vendor who is ready to provide flexible costing and payment terms without hampering the quality of service.
- Pre-planning of IT costs in the start of month helps in better management of finances. Get a vendor who helps you plan your IT investments by giving the right advice.
- Sign flexible period terms with the vendor in case you are not sure for how long you need the equipment. This is possible in case of renting. If you require, for example, a Mac for an editing project but won’t need it once the project is completed, just rent it for the needed time. Don’t unnecessarily splurge on seldom-used resources.
- The above also applies to essentials like video conferencing tools or projectors which might be of use only once in a while, during a conference or an exhibition for instance. Why would you want to invest your money in buying them when you can get them as easily as over a phone call?
- Get the upgrades without downgrading your finances. Associate with a single vendor for yearly basis for all your IT needs and add regular upgrades to your contract at much lower costs.
- A good vendor will help you save money. Find someone who has been into this industry for a long period and knows how to work around the issues. They are the best to advise you about what you really need and how you can save yourself from burning a hole in your pocket. If the vendor has offices in different cities where your business operates that’s another factor to consider since all your offices can be taken care of through 1 single point contact.
You don’t need to be an expert to make a profitable IT set-up. Just get the right vendor and leave the rest to him.